Single Custom Homes & Remodeling
At 1st Class Windows, we are proud of the quality and craftsmanship, of our windows and doors, and are pleased to offer you the following Full Lifetime Warranty on our products for materials and labor from the date of purchase at no additional cost to you.
1st Class Windows, when installed in your new custom* home or remodeling/replacement application, are warranted to be free of defects in materials that may unreasonably affect their performance in normal use. This warranty is to the original purchaser for as long as they own and occupy their single family home. In the event the original homeowner sells their home, 1st Class Windows will offer this warranty to the new homeowner for up to ten (10) years from the original purchase date of the product; provided the subsequent purchaser continues to own and occupy the home. *
N0TE: This warranty does not cover windows and doors that are sold for the following use: commercial buildings, multifamily housing or any type of new construction installation in tract housing. Product used in these types of installations will be warranted for ten (10) years from the original purchase date of the product.
Every effort is made to ensure that your new 1st Class Windows remain trouble-free year after year. Of course, some circumstances are beyond 1st Class Windows’s control and are not covered by this warranty. The following items are not covered by this warranty:
- Improper installation, use or maintenance
- Small scratches, marks, slight glass curvature or other minor imperfections in the glass or vinyl
- Failures due to product modifications or window shading devices (e.g., glass tinting, security systems, improper painting or staining, insulated window coverings, etc.)
- Water infiltration other than as a result of a defect in manufacturing or materials
- Normal wear and tear (e.g., natural fading, etc.) This includes natural weathering of exterior color finishes
- Corrosion of hardware and painted surfaces in coastal areas
- Incidental and consequential damage
- Chemical burns/yellowing due to the use of harsh cleaning products of other agents
- Damage caused by earthquakes, floods, wind or other “acts of God"
- Damage caused by misuse, house settling or vandalism
- Any costs associated with the use of scaffolding or lifts
- Any painted finish on vinyl installed in Desert Areas.
1st Class Windows warrants that the vinyl sash and frame members will be free from defects such as cracking, peeling, flaking or blistering. NOTE: Any exterior painted finish on vinyl and the finish on aluminum is limited to ten (10) years only.
1st Class Windows warrants that the insulated glass will not develop a build-up of moisture between the panes of glass. 1st Class Windows, at its discretion, will supply either replacement glass or a full panel.
Screens: 1 year
Screens are warranted against defects in material for a period of one (1) year. Replacement screens will be delivered to the nearest 1st Class Windows dealer/distributor.
1st Class Windows, at its discretion, will repair or replace any defective part or component at no charge to you for as long as you own and occupy the home in which the products were installed. Lifetime labor applies only to 1st Class Windows’s official delivery and service areas. Please check with your local 1st Class Windows dealer for more details. Lifetime Warranty valid on 1st Class Windows products purchased after January 1st, 2013
This warranty is limited to 1st Class Windows, at its option, repairing and/or replacing defective parts (color matching not guaranteed) in lieu of repair or replacement. 1st Class Windows, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refund the amount paid by the original single-family homeowner for the product (excluding installation cost).
1st Class Windows reserves the right to discontinue or change any product it manufactures. If the part or component of the product originally installed is not available and 1st Class Windows determines to make replacement, 1st Class Windows shall have the right to substitute such part or component designated by 1st Class Windows to be of equal quality and price.
Condensation, Mold and Mildew
Condensation on the glass is a natural result of excessive moisture in the house and does not indicate a defective product or faulty installation. Maintaining proper household humidity levels may prevent problems such as mold, mildew and related health risks. In no event shall 1st Class Windows be liable for any damages, including special incidental or consequential damages, resulting from condensation, mold or mildew.
IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF PERSISTENT CONDENSATION ON YOUR WINDOWS, YOU SHOULD TAKE IMMEDIATE REMEDIAL ACTION TO PREVENT WATER, MOLD AND/OR MILDEW DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY AND POTENTIAL HEALTH RISKS.
Limitation of Remedies
THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. 1st Class Windows EXCLUDES AND WILL NOT PAY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ITS LIABILITY WILL IN ALL INSTANCES BE LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OR REFUND OF ACTUAL PURCHASE PRICE OF THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or implied warranties. This warranty is only applicable in the contiguous U.S.A. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which may vary, from state to state. This warranty may not be changed or modified by any representative of the manufacturer or its dealers.
Caring For Your New Window and Door
1st Class Windows uses high-quality materials, parts, and workmanship, providing outstanding windows and patio doors. Proper usage, cleaning, and maintenance will result in many years of “like new" performance.
- Keep the lower sill channel clean and free of dirt and debris
- Apply a small amount of spray lubricant to rollers on movable window/door panel(s), wiping off any excess
- Clean glass and frame members with a mild soapy solution and rinse with clean water (a mild glass cleaner may be used) DO NOT USE steel wool, abrasive cleaners, wire brushes, petroleum-based solvents, corrosive materials, acetone o thinner
- Screens may be vacuumed to remove dust or may be washed with a soft brush and a mild soapy solution, then rinsed with clean water
- As with all painted finishes, natural weathering will occur over time. Use a soft wet brush or absorbent cloth to carefully remove debris from painted surfaces and periodically wash with mild soap solution and water.
- Sliding door rollers may be adjusted for proper height clearances. These rollers can be adjusted with a screwdriver through access holes in either the end or side of the sliding panel bottom part
- Check sliding door lock strike placement after adjusting the door rollers. This adjustment can be made by loosening screw fasteners, moving strike plate and tightening. Re-check for proper lock operation.
- Make sure exterior weep holes are not obstructed by debris
- Use a small soft brush, like an old toothbrush, to clear weep hole openings as needed
- Use of any petroleum-based or corrosive materials on insulated glass surfaces is not recommended. This includes oil based lubricants. These products may damage the insulating properties used in the window and may void all warranties.
- Tinting or placing foil on the internal side of doors and windows can cause excessive heat gain and can result in damaging insulated glass
How To Get Help
For further information or to make a claim, please contact the All claims must include the following information: 1st Class Windows dealer/distributor who supplied you with the 1st Class Windows product. If unavailable or unknown to you, contact us:
10422 Trask Ave Ste A, Garden Grove, CA 92843 714 643-9807 www.1stclassvinylwindows.com